Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PS3 Jailbroke Through USB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XuHi

PS3 Jailbroke Through USB Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 pm

I found this quite interesting:

SOURCE (C+P: http://www.pcworld.com/article/203788/hackers_claim_jailbreak_victory_with_playstation_3_usb_key.html?tk=hp_new

In the four years since Sony's PlayStation 3 has been with us, it's never been hacked to play pirated games--until now, that is, if claims by hacker group PSJailbreak prove true.

The group, reportedly operating from China or Hong Kong, claims it's on the verge of releasing a USB dongle (they're implying it's a 'jailbreak' tool) that lets you play pirated as well as homemade games on a retail PS3 by converting it into a "debug" unit, a special version of the PS3 used by developers and others to access non-retail versions of games.

The dongle comes loaded with software that the hackers claim will let players save games to the PS3's hard drive. All one has to do to get it working, they say, is insert the dongle into the PS3 and boot up.

The hackers also claim the dongle is capable of blocking Sony's mandatory firmware updates, which might otherwise disable the hack, or "brick" (render unusable) the system.

How 'on the verge' are we talking? Off the edge, apparently. Australia-based OzModChips says it's accepting pre-orders for the dongle now. The site lists the PS JailBreak dongle for $169.99 and discounts it if purchased in quantities of two or more.

"Order worlds [sic] first PS3 modchip here," reads a headline on OMC's homepage, while at the bottom, a post dated August 19 says "Hello ps3 fans... We are currently testing out the world [sic] first Ps3 modchip. Stay tuned for more info."

The group released a video on Wednesday purporting to show the USB hack in use.

It looks preety legit to me. I hope it is. Although i am not sure whether i will be willing to download a 40gb bluray game lol.
What do you guys think of this?

Thanks, XuHi.
Back to top Go down
Flyboymarty

Flyboymarty

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Nice thread i got the pkg file but dont know wat 2 do im gonna just wait until people starts doing it
Back to top Go down
Ajax

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Same here , I'm going to wait until there is more tutorials and vids on Youtube Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Trilla

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 pm

This might be patched, and watch everyone who paid rage. bounce
Back to top Go down
XuHi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Trilla wrote:
This might be patched, and watch everyone who paid rage. bounce

LOL yes i think that. Watch now. Sony will update tomorrow and some noob will update there PS3 and wqonder why their jailbreak isnt working.
Back to top Go down
XuHi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Ajax wrote:
Same here , I'm going to wait until there is more tutorials and vids on Youtube Very Happy.

Same here. Going to wait for confirmation and tutorials. I dont want to purchase a device thathas all of those crappy manuals that no-one understand lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Jailbroke Through USB   PS3 Jailbroke Through USB Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Jailbroke Through USB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Playstation 3 :: Playstation 3 General & Questions-
Jump to: